Friday 19 November 2010

Happy Hair

So I wanted to share with you what I have been using to wash my hair as I am very impressed by the products, but first I will tell you a bit about my hair.

I started using these products in June. My hair was still recovering from when I was blonde and was dry and had lost all its natural shine. I was visiting my parents and tried the shampoo and conditioner and noticed that my hair was considerably more shiny and looked a lot healthier after a couple of washes. After mentioning it to my mum I received the shampoo and conditioner for my birthday, so here are the products I have been using:

First up we have we have the shampoo. I got this in the Itchy/Flaky scalp formula, as I have a very dry scalp and suffer from eczema from the back of my neck and all over my scalp so I have to be quite careful about what I use or else I end up with lots of open sores on my head.

This shampoo gives me such a lovely shine. It smells pleasant too and isn't heavy so your hair isn't slicked against your head. It has worked really nicely on my scalp too, I haven't had as much itchiness and I haven't had any flakes or scabs on my head.

The only issue I have with this shampoo is that my hair type has now changed. This shampoo treated my bad scalp, and now it is healthy it is producing a lot of oil. I don't think using this shampoo is helping much for the oil production of my hair, as this is designed for a more dry scalp. My hair is getting greasy quite quickly now, but I refuse to get a new shampoo until I run out of this one because at £19 it's not that cheap.

I also got the re-moisturizing conditioner. My mum got me the litre size because she thinks that you use more conditioner than shampoo. But anyway, the litre size was £40. Pretty steep but it is a litre, and I'm not even a third of the way through in five months.

I'm not going to change hair conditioner any time soon as I am very happy with this. It makes my hair lovely and soft and I'm sure I don't get as many split ends.

Although it is very hydrating its not too heavy. I like my hair with a lot of volume and I feel that this conditioner allows me to have that whilst having soft hair.

So yea, I like Phillip Kingsley products and these have worked well at repairing my hair and scalp. I am on the hunt for a new shampoo, for oily hair now, but I will be sticking with this conditioner.

1 comment:

  1. so glad i have found a new blog! yay! im always on the look out for a great new read.

    please check out mine of you have a spare mo, im having a pre crimbo giveaway to pep up the winter blues : D xxx

    ReplyDelete