Thursday 3 March 2011

Viva Glam Gaga Swatch and Comparison

So today I visited my local MAC counter, as about 600 million (slight exaggeration) collections came out today and they where all pretty poor. I did however like the new Viva Glam Gaga that came out so I purchased it.
When I got it home I was worried it was similar to the other nudes I own, but luckily there is just enough difference for me to justify owning it.
Here is a picture of it on my lips:
It has a glossy finish and bleaches out my lips slightly, not enough to make them look like I've plastered my lips in concealer, but enough to be a very pretty nude.
I decided to compare the other nudes in my collection so you can get a clearer idea of the shade it is:
From left to right we have, MAC Hug Me, MAC Myth, GOSH Darling and finally MAC Viva Glam Gaga.
I also swatched them all so here is that picture, in the same order as above:
I thought it was going to be most similar to GOSH Darling, but it is a lot more brown. I would say it is closest to Myth, but slightly darker so you don't get the completely bleached out effect.
I really like this lipstick and think its lovely and wearable for every day, and would look great with a smokey eye for the evening. If you are umming and ahhing over whether to get it, don't forget all the money goes to a great cause!

2 comments:

  1. ah shiz i thought this might be too brown looking for me but it looks really nice on you and we have similar colouring..maybe ill go back and try it on x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really nice on you. Colours like this scare me as I think they'd look too much like concealer on my skin tone. I think pinky nudes would look better on me.

    ReplyDelete