Monday 21 February 2011

First attempt at water marbling

So after watching a few tutorials on YouTube on water marbling, I decided to give it a go. I used Essie Angora Cardi, Color Club High Society and China Glaze Below Deck. Here is how it turned out:

First off, oh my gosh I knew my hands where dry but I never realised my cuticle/nail bed where that disgusting!
That aside I am pretty happy with how this turned out. I like my ring finger the best, but I think my pinkie is quite quite too.
My middle finger has a huge dent in it where I got a water bubble and didn't fix it properly.
I also like the colour selection, but I think I chose colours too similar so next time I try it I will use more contrasting colours.

The process itself was really easy, but it was very messy to clean up. I put tape underneath the nail around my finger to make cleaning up a bit easier, but I still got a lot of polish around my fingers, and when trying to remove it I ended up with bruised looking fingers! Will definitely be trying this again!

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! You should look at this blog http://mysimplelittlepleasures.blogspot.com
    she does lots of nail marbling and has a Youtube channel. It might give you some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete