Tuesday 15 February 2011

Sugarpill Haul and Swatches

For Black Friday Sugarpill had a (I think it was) 35% off sale. I took full advantage of this offer as Sugarpill is a brand that I had wanted to try for a while, but because of the high cost of shipping on top of products I had always been put off, but sales call to me and I had to take advantage of this one!
I have only just received the package because it went to my parents house, and I have not been to my parents since Christmas.
First off I wanted to say how pleased I am with the customer service. I was worried that it was taking a long time to get to me, so I e mailed Amy and despite not having a order number she was able to find out where my parcel was for me. Also look how cute this is:(Rachel is my mum by the way.) Even if someone else signs every order form, its still pretty cute and makes it feel more personal.
Anyway here is what I got. First we have a picture with them in the packaging, because its too cute not to include!
And now without:

So the products I got where, the Sweetheart Quad, a single eyeshadow in Poison Plum, and Chroma Lust Loose Eyeshadows in Birthday Girl, Paperdoll and Goldilux.
Not lets have some swatches, these are the pressed powders:

The top row is with primer underneath, the bottom row is without anything on. From left to right we have, Tako, Poison Plum, Dollipop, Afterparty and Midori.
As you can see the shadows are pretty bright by themselves, but with a primer underneath they are even brighter.
After swatching the shadows, the shadows with the primer underneath lasted for over 8 hours, I had to scrub my hands at the end of the night to get them off. Without a primer they lasted just as long, but had faded a fair bit.
They shadows are very pigmented and soft, but not as buttery as some shadows are. Although to be honest I have not come across a bright shadow that is buttery in texture like neutrals can be.
Next up is the Chroma Lusts:
The swatches on the top row are mixed with water, the ones on bottom are without. From left to right we have Birthday Girl, Golidlux and Paperdoll.
When the pigments are applied dry they are a lot more pastel, but have a lot of shimmer in them, where as when they are mixed with water they loose a bit of the shimmer and become deeper in colour and have a more metallic colour.
The pigments didn't last as long as the shadows, but still lasted fairly long, and the glitter didn't fall out all over the place.
My favourite from these by far was Paperdoll, it is gorgeous and today I did a girly look using that and Poison Plum for a lovely girly look.
I am very happy with all my purchases. The colours are lovely and the quality of the products is brilliant. Oh and I also was sent a sample of Weekender Losse Shadow as well, but I have yet to try it out.
So has anyone else from the UK splurged on Sugarpill? See anything you like here? Oh and sorry for the long post!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love these colours, shame we don't get sugarpill in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try out Sugarpill, they had a sale on over Valentines but I am on a makeup ban for this month so I didn't order :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole She does ship, or there is this website, I think it is love-makeup that is based in the UK and stocks it!

    @jennifer Sales are always great excuses to break the ban though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the swatches! Totally kicking myself for not ordering during the sale :P

    ReplyDelete